Friday, August 20, 2010

Loremaster!

Monday night, I sat around on my only level 80 character, thinking about what I could do that I havent done yet. I started thinking about all of the things that won't be able to do once Cataclysm makes the world go boom, and I came up with Loremaster. I had heard of several others going for it on my realm and decided that I'd give it a shot.

Here's the problem: Khelandros is a level 80 Death Knight. What that means is, is that between levels 1 and 55, I have no quests completed. Khelandros currently sits at 55/700 Quests for Eastern Kingdoms and 81/700 for Kalimdor.

I had to pick somewhere to start, so I decided to go where I could fly and where I was closest to completing some part of the Loremaster achievement: Outlands. I found that I had not completed any of the zones, but I was within 10 quests or so of each one so I figured it would be an easy task to complete.

WRONG!

I flew over Hellfire Peninsula, with my Low Level Quests tracking on. I didn't find didly squat! Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. And I was only 73/80 on the quest tracker. I was frustrated beyond belief when a friend of mine suggested a mod: EveryQuest. I downloaded EveryQuest from Curse and began going through the list of quests for Hellfire, filtering out the Horde quests, PvP quest, and other quests that were not specific to the Loremaster achievement. Over the course of the next several days, I finally got through Hellfire Peninsula, Nagrand, and Zangarmarsh. I'm currently halfway done with Terrokar Forest, but have done less than a handful of quests for Blade's Edge, Shadowmoon Valley, and Netherstorm.

Once done with Outlands, my plan is to next move onto Northrend where I can continue searching for quests while flying. Makes it easier and faster when you don't have to worry about those pesky Horde areas and mountains.

I've also included several other mods in addition to EveryQuest that will help make life a bit easier:

EveryQuest - Lists every quest in each zone, though it doesn't show you map locations. You can get another addon to EveryQuest that will show you quest giver locations, but I found it rather confusing because it doesn't take into account whether you've done the quest or not, or if the quest have been removed altogether. Additionally, it spammed my chat window with a bunch of unneeded info and made things rather unpleasant. I'd stay away from the QuestGiver addon. You can downloaded EveryQuest from Curse or WoWInterface.

Lightheaded - This is an awesome mod and addon to EveryQuest that displays full quest information from Wowhead, including user comments. No more having to alt tab out of the game. The quest info opens up within the EveryQuest quest window, giving everything an easy to find location. You can download this from WoWInterface.

Loremaster - The achievement titled addon to EveryQuest is awesome in that it provides a little extra information about quests, most importantly if it counts towards the Loremaster achievement or not. Completely awesome! No more wasted time! You can download Loremaster from either Curse or WoWInterface.

TomTom - Simply put, this addon adds an arrow to your interface pointing you in the direction to a particular quest giver, which is awesomesauce if you tend to get lost a lot, like I do! TomTom can also be downloaded from Curse or WoWInterface

So that's all there is to the Loremaster achievement that I have for you all at the moment. I plan to update the blog with my status as I can. I hope to be able to finish it before Cataclysm comes around; well at least finish Outlands and Northrend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment