Friday, September 10, 2010

Operation: Gnomeregan

Welcome back to The Wyrms Fire, where here ... there be dragons! I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my crazy stories about my adventures in the world of Azeroth. Today, I will be talking about the Gnomeregan event that is happening right now, in game. So ... let's get to it then.

Operation: Gnomeregan

I have never seriously played a gnome. The highest level I have ever made it to on a gnome is level 20, which is where my current gnome Conundrum sits at. Come Cataclysm, he will be sacrificed to the alt-gods and rerolled, in order to experience the new starting areas. I don't know what it is about gnomes, but I have never been able to take the race seriously. Is it because they don't have their own starting areas or city? I doubt it, because I am able to take both dwarves and orcs seriously. I really can't pinpoint it at all, but maybe a fresh start in a world aflame will change things.

The Gnomeregan event is open to all Alliance players, from level 1 to level 80. You start off by going to Ironforge and speaking with the High Tinker in the Tinkertown area of the city, who sends you on various quests out in Dun Morogh. All of these quests are easy to do, even at level 1. I did them on my level 80 death knight, so of course I did not have any problems. Once you finish with the vehicle and delivery quests, you have to assist with the retaking of Gnomeregan. I am not going to spoil the even for you, but I thought it was well done and leads very well into the state of gnomish affairs that players will see come Cataclysm.

As a reward for completing the questline, you'll receive the following rewards:

The achievement Operation: Gnomeregan
The item Gnomeregan Pride
The cloak Gnomeregan Drape

Next up, I'll talk about the Echo Isles event, which in my opinion, is much cooler and also introduces us to the troll druids! Be sure to check back for the post!

No comments:

Post a Comment