Friday, January 21, 2011

First Post of 2011

Hello everyone! Wow, it has really been a while since my last post. I meant to write more often, but when it actually came time to do it, there seemed to be a lot of things that got in the way. Work has been crazy busy, but has finally slowed down now that we are on new schedules. School used to not be busy, but has taken a turn for the worse with the addition of Bachelor level classes. And finally, when I actually did have some time to sit down and write, I couldn't think of anything worthwhile to write. Cataclysm was covered by so many other blogs and beat to death so I just kind of left it alone. Now that things have settled down, I'm going to post about what I have been doing since the world went kaboom.

Worgen and Goblin

So of course the first thing I did when I got Cataclysm installed was create both a Worgen and a Goblin. Now, what can I say about both of these races that has not already been said? Probably not a lot! The Worgen starting zone is so very cool. I like the look and feel of everything. The music is very... Castlevania-ish and tophats! OMG TOPHATS! It's pretty funny to see this big, vicious Worgen warrior running around, saliva dripping from his mouth, wearing full chain armor and a tophat! I generally keep him in human form as much as possible.

The goblin starting zone is also very cool. I liked running around Kezan, being led to believe that I am the center of the goblin world and being setup to be the next Trade Prince. That said, I really don't like the current trade prince. He's a jerk and needs to be punted. Unfortunately, I did not like the whole area after Kezan. Oh the quests are fun and the whole interaction with Thrall is really neat. I can actually tell people that Thrall and I are BFFs forever and not be lying about it. I also like flying around and shooting all of the gnome planes out of the sky. That is really neat. But there were some dry points in the questing during the attacks from the little inhabitants and the whole zombie goblins... thing. Overall, I enjoy the Goblin zones but not as much as I like Gilneas.

Shamanigans

I now have two Shaman! TWO! My Orc Shaman is plain full of awesome and specced for Enhancement. He's gone through Durotar, pieces of Northern Barrens, Stonetalon, and currently in Desolace. I liked the class so much that I am now also playing a second Shaman in my Dwarf. He is still very low level, but progressing nicely through Wetlands. I'm taking him through the Elemental tree, but I'm not liking it as much as Enhancement. I do like Thunderstorm a lot though! Much hurts!

New Cataclysm Zones

I only have one character that I can use to quest through the new Cataclysm level zones. I ended up raising him to level 81 solely on Archaeology experience, which I was extremely disappointed in. It seems you get a lot of XP from gathering professions. The problem here is that I don't want to outlevel the quests in a zone before I get to do them all. If the quests are grey to me, then there is no challenge. So I stopped doing Archaeology and started questing in Vashj'ir. The underwater zone is really very beautiful, but I want to get out of there so bad. I can't wait to get done so I can head to Hyjal.

So that's what I've been up to since my last post. I have every single slot on Earthen Ring filled with characters, all of whom I am actively leveling. I hope to be able to post more here and have more worthwhile content. I have really missed posting here so I will do my best to get some more articles written up soon. I hope all of your adventures in Azeroth are exciting and that you are having as much fun as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment